Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's New?

So, it's been awhile...so we should catch upon things.  First off, since today is Veteran's Day, I would like the give a big  "THANK YOU" to all the brave men and women who have served and are currently serving in our military.  God bless you and your family.

We are in the process of getting a new Palomino mare.  Excited doesn't begin to cover it!  I have been praying for months and months to find the right horse that my boys and I could all ride.  She's beautiful and sweet and I can't wait!  We've been getting a little taste of all the work involved in taking care of a horse.  Well, kind of.  I have to say, I've never set so many posts and built this much barbed wire fence in my life!  But, it looks great.  It's a love-hate thing.

I've also been working overtime designing and making new jewelry. There are many new items listed in my Artfire studio.  Come on by and visit, kick your shoes off and stay awhile!  Oh, yeah.  I had to "graduate" to a larger torch so I could get enough heat to make copper head pins from my wire.  It's so cool!.  My small torch works fine on my Argentium and fine silver, but I still couldn't fuse the heavy gauges.  Now I can with my new torch so I've been playing around with some new design ideas.  As far as I know, there is no copper solder I've been able to find.  People seem to be using gold solder or rose gold solder to solder copper.  I read that you could use a fine gauge of copper wire as a sort of solder.  This is going to be my next project.  Check back soon and I'll post some pictures!

Until next time, someone once said: "Success is a journey, not a destination."
A cowgirl once said: "The journey to success is just one wild ride after the other!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment